Wednesday, October 5, 2011

food for thought

i have several things on my mind today...

1. why did i wake up singing the theme song to "laverne and shirley?"
2. why am i so afraid to go to the grocery store?
3. why can i not talk myself out of this particular fear?

yes, i am afraid to go places alone, but the grocery store seems to be the most frightening of all destinations.  i can force myself to church alone, i can force myself to therapy alone but i cannot buy my own food.  what is that?!  i'm out of everything.  i'm down to maybe 8 ounces of juice and 2 or 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, oh and a box of organic macaroni and cheese (but no milk with which to mix it.)  i can sit here and type this and accept the irrationality of it but i cannot make myself drive to the store and shop.  the fear of what lies in wait is too overwhelming.  i'm so afraid that i will have a panic attack there and not be able to get home.  i don't know why that terrifies me so, i've never had a panic attack in the store.  maybe i'm afraid of being in line when it comes, maybe it's that i will have to leave my stuff behind and run out before i can pay and that it will have all been for naught.  the fear consumes me.
  
winston and i might have to hit up a drive-thru for lunch then i'll have to work on finding a "volunteer" to accompany me to a store soon.  with all the planning and preparing that entails i'm so exhausted by the time i get to a store that i don't have the energy for panic attacks!     

grace and peace


2 comments:

  1. I hope you got food! Poor Winston. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4. "and where the hell was i?"

    i, too, hope you got some food. remember how fat maggie wouldn't LET you get low on food? aw. fat maggie.

    i LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete