Thursday, October 30, 2014

upon awakening: week 1

here we go with week 1 of songs that i wake up singing.  (yes, this list is mostly for me but i hope it will help me get back in the habit of blogging on a regular basis.  it really does help my anxiety and this seems like as good a way as any to write consistently.) 
 
for as long as i can remember i've woken up with a song in my head:  this will be a weekly list, friday-thursday:
 
friday 10/24:  "gimme three steps"  lynyrd skynyrd
saturday 10/25:  "take me with you"  prince
sunday 10/26:  "jackson"  johnny and june carter cash
monday 10/27:  "you're so vain"  carly simon
tuesday 10/28:  "temporary ground"  jack white
wednesday 10/29:  "i'll fly away"  hymn
thursday 10/30:  "the ballad of el goodo"  counting crows (cover of big star)
 
not a bad list, huh?
 
grace and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment