Sunday, December 4, 2011

lost cats and lockjaw

my sweet, beautiful, wonderful cat, maeve has been missing for 5 days now.  that's 120 hours of sheer, unadulterated panic! 

yes, she looks evil but she is a sweetheart.  she is the least neurotic animal i have ever had.  i do not feel equipped to survive one more loss.  my mother and i put up nearly 50 posters on friday and i have registered on all the local "lost pet" websites.

i have done very little this week but sit and watch the french doors for her face to appear but tonight i decided i had to finally wash my sheets.  well...i cut my index finger on a staple in the $25 garage-sale mattress that i now own and am irrationally afraid of contracting lockjaw AGAIN!  keep in mind i did have a tetanus shot just after the flood but that does little to alleviate my life-long fear of lockjaw! 

oh, the humanity!

grace and peace

2 comments:

  1. maeve (and you) have been on my mind constantly. where on earth could she have gone? i am at a loss for what to think or say at this point. just know i'm praying for you, and i love you so much!

    ReplyDelete