Tuesday, March 6, 2012

election day woes

i have to go out and vote today and i dread it!  i chickened out of early voting because i could never narrow down a "safe" place to go:  all those scary libaries and community centers!  my anxiety doesn't allow me to go to new places (certainly not by myself) and with my ear infection i haven't felt like lining up reinforcements.  now election day is here and i am faced with a trip to my regular polling place--the local middle school.  yikes!
then i have to go to CVS to pick up my medicine.  by then i will be an utter basketcase.  i saw on-line this morning that it is oreo's 100th birthday today.  oreo is daddy's favorite cookie (mine too, of course) so i think i will buy him a bag and take them over to him since i'll be in his part of town.  i need a hug from him anyway!
a small part of me can remember when leaving the house was easy and running errands was just part of life but most of me is so used to this new constant feeling of panic that i have a hard time remembering what life was like without it.

grace and peace and oreos

No comments:

Post a Comment