Monday, March 26, 2012

"serenity NOW!"

"but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint."  Isaiah 40:31

"...waiting is the hardest part."  tom petty

i'm struggling with two things in particular these last few days:  anger and impatience.  i'm angry at the world and impatient that it will not bend to my will. 

i'm nearly at the end of my rope and i see no safe place to land.  my money situation is growing dire and i seem no closer to a job or to school.  i may get my wish and be relieved of the burden of this house via foreclosure.  i cannot imagine that i'm here and yet i have only one more mortgage payment in the bank and that's it. 

i'm trying really hard to stay positive and tell myself that i am ready to go where God wants me to go and that if that means a job or school or a cardboard box that i will faithfully go. there is peace in that. 

some part of me, though, is afraid that the lack of concern i feel about the impending shift is just another form of denial.  i can no longer tell if my anxiety is protecting my brain from things it can't handle or if it's numbing me to the extent that i really don't care anymore what becomes of this situation.

i don't know how to change anything and i don't know how i will survive losing anything else.  i'm am truly lost.  i pray for patience, for relief, for help, for a loud and resounding command, for deliverance, for peace, for hope and for a pillar of cloud and a pillar of fire.  

grace and peace    


No comments:

Post a Comment