Saturday, August 20, 2011

blog etiquette?

i wanted to quickly say that i appreciate all the comments i'm getting but i have no idea if blog etiquette dictates that i reply (nor do i know how to reply.)  you see, my best friend teaches me all those things and she's 700 miles away.  i welcome any advice...

today i have just 2 things to fret over so far (it's 1:00 p.m.!) but here they are:  throughout the house in the last 12 hours i've found 4 rubberbands of various size and strength and i don't know from whence they came.  speaking of my best friend, since she was in town 4th of july weekend, no one else has been in this house but me.  no one.  where would i acquire rubberbands?  i don't go anywhere, i don't order things on-line, i don't have a clue how they got here.  i'm perplexed.  that is not a good state for an anxious person!

my second concern is that i ate an egg-white omelet today (my first egg in more than 15 years since becoming a vegetarian.)  though i do eat things with egg as an ingredient:  bread, pasta, etc., i haven't bought an egg or scrambled an egg in forever.  though i bought organic, cage-free, egg whites in a carton from trader joe's then added onion, green pepper, tomato and cheese i still struggled with the whole episode.  i'm hoping that adding much-needed protein to my diet will make me feel better, give me a little more energy and perhaps even help me exercise and maybe even SLEEP!  it was a hard choice for me and i'm laboring over it to no end!

i'm about to finish the first book in the "percy jackson" series "the lightning thief" then will begin my ritual of finding the next book to read which is both comforting and obsessive.  it includes going up to the loft, scanning the 60+ feet of bookshelves plus the hundreds of overflow books in stacks 15 or 20 books high.  i grab 5 or 6, come back downstairs, read the backs or the inner flap and try desperately to assess my mood (which is harder to do these days when the only thing i feel is anxious.)  i will narrow it down to 2 and read the first page or so of each.  if i'm satisfied that one will work i start in, if not, i go though the whole ritual again and again until something fits.  it is one of my favorite activities of all time! 

below is a picture of just a few of my books (before the shelves were full) maybe a third of my total collection.

(much needed) grace and peace

2 comments:

  1. checking to see if i can comment from work (home isn't letting me, for whatever reason).

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! okay - i can comment again. please be sure to let us know what book you decided on!

    ReplyDelete