Sunday, January 15, 2012

TV-less land

today has been a frustrating day!  it's a hard day to NOT have a television.  i wanted badly to watch football and then to watch the golden globes.  i have also been craving pizza for weeks but was not in shape to go meet a friend for dinner (the prospect of having to pump gas kept me home along with severe anxiety in general.)  

i am also partially regretting my decision to give up alcohol for the foreseeable future.  since i couldn't get pizza i made myself cook a wonderful dinner of whole wheat pasta with asparagus, baby portabella mushrooms and red onion sauteed in olive oil and garlic served with tomato sauce and [red wine]--NO--diet root beer.  it was a travesty! 

since my money is a major concern and i am in earnest trying to lose weight i have given up alcohol (my normal consumption was a bottle of wine a week, basically one glass with dinner 3 or 4 nights a week.)  it hasn't bothered me until tonight (not to mention that it's sunday so i couldn't even buy wine today if i wanted to!)  of course i realize that even if we were able to buy wine in the grocery stores in tennessee that i would be unable to actually go in anywhere to make such a purchase.  not with today's level of anxiety anyway.

all in all a less than productive day.  i've not written a word.  winston and i did take a long walk and i did spend a little while catching up with a friend on the phone.  other than that i've been on the couch with my book and my pug. 

grace and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment