Friday, January 27, 2012

well...i caved...

the plan was to refrain from alcohol at the house and only have a drink on the very rare occasion that i'm out of the house and feel like a glass of wine or a shot of jack daniel's.  tonight, though, i caved and bought a bottle of wine.  i haven't had a drink since new years eve but on my way home from the hospital tonight (my little brother had surgery today) i just couldn't help but stop at the liquor store.

i decided that i would have this bottle and then maybe buy a bottle before the beginning of lent. i've observed lent the last 2 years and never cheated so i'll give up alcohol this year.  (2 years ago it was chocolate and last year it was carbonated drinks.)

i spent all day today with my mother, dad, ex-step-mother, and future sister-in-law.  that was stressful enough but i have another 5-6 days of the same as my little brother has to have another surgery on monday.  it just seemed like wine was in order.  while i have never had a drinking problem, alcoholism runs in my family, so i am always conscious of my intake.  i am trying really hard to lose weight and the red wine doesn't help but i figure a glass tonight won't derail me.  i'll run tomorrow...



i bought this bottle in honor of my best friend whose favorite literary device is "irony."

grace and peace and pinot



No comments:

Post a Comment