Wednesday, September 7, 2011

R.I.P lokomotiv yaroslavl

i feel that i have made some poor choices today which have increased my anxiety to a near-unbearable level.  i'm struggling now with what to do to calm myself down; writing seems the best, in fact, it seems the only option. 

my anxiety is usually worse in the morning hours and decreases toward nightfall, however, tonight i have spent the better part of the evening in 2 pursuits which have kept that from happening.  firstly, i've read nearly everything i can find on-line about the tragic plane crash in russia today killing a KHL russian hockey team.  i am a huge hockey fan and this hit me and the hockey world hard.  43 lives lost and 43+ families devastated, not to mention players, fans, and hockey organizations around the globe.  some of the players were well-known NHL stars and some were players that i've never heard of, but i mourn them all.  they were on their way to the first game of the season.  how. very. sad.  i pray that their families and friends find comfort.

my next mistake was certainly less devastating in that it does not involve real-life, but it was anxiety-inducing to me nonetheless.  i watched part 3 (of 4) of the "lonesome dove" mini-series.  i've seen it before (years ago) and read the book (not too long ago-please read this book, it is phenomenal!) but was unprepared for this leg of the drive and now live in mortal fear of watching part 4 before saturday night when it expires on netflix instant play.  i HAVE to watch it yet i know that for my mental stability i shouldn't.  why do i do these things to myself when i know i'm not in shape to handle them?  human nature? stupidity? masochism?  WHAT?!

i continue to be surprised at my reaction to certain things and my out and out indifference to others.  intellectually i know a lot of things, emotionally i am a blank slate. 

grace and peace and love

1 comment:

  1. did you manage to watch part 4? i was about to say "you can't just watch a bunch of disney movies" but i just watched "up" for the 2nd time this weekend and that movie makes me cry about every 15 minutes or so! nothing's safe from emotion (which is good, but still...sometimes you just want mindlessness).

    ReplyDelete